As with CPAP supplies, certain components of your BiPAP device will need to be replaced with some frequency. While the machine itself should last at least five years, parts like masks, headgear, and tubing will need to be replaced regularly. Here’s a quick guide to how frequently you should replace your BiPAP supplies:
- CPAP Mask: Every 3 months
- Mask Cushion & Pillows: Every 15 days
- Headgear: Every 6 months
- Chinstrap: Every 6 months
- CPAP Tubing: Every 3 months
- Filters: Every 2 weeks to every 6 months, depending on the type of filter
Humidifier Water Chamber: Every 6 months
Choosing A Home Medical Equipment (HME) Supplier
Because you should be replacing your BiPAP supplies regularly, your relationship with your home medical equipment (HME) supplier should be a good one. Here are some things to consider when choosing an HME:
- What types of insurance do they accept?
- Can they explain how to use the equipment properly?
- Does their product catalogue have a wide range of options?
Do they offer home delivery and in-home service?
Why You Should Choose My Oxygen Company?
My Oxygen Company is a proud supplier of quality BiPAP supplies from reputable manufacturers, like ResMed. We have been providing Midland, MI and the surrounding area with CPAP, VPAP, and BiPap supplies for the past thirteen years. There are many reasons to choose My Oxygen Company for your BiPAP supplies, but here are just a few:
- Insurance options. We are the only supplier in the area that accepts both kinds of Medicaid. We also work with all doctors in the surrounding area. With My Oxygen Company, you can rest assured that you will be taken care of.
- Knowledgeable staff. Our staff knows our product catalogue inside out, and we can help you select supplies for your machine that will create a snug fit for your device, ensuring its effectiveness. If you’re new to CPAP, VPAP, or BiPAP supplies, we can walk you through setting up and maintaining your device and show you what a proper fit looks like.
- Great selection of products. Our catalogue features a variety of products to choose from. Our goal is to make sure our customers are satisfied with their BiPAP supplies. Dissatisfied customers are less likely to use their devices, and your device can’t help you if you don’t use it. We want to ensure that your BiPAP, CPAP, or VPAP therapy is as effective as possible so that you are on your way to a happier, healthier you. For us, that means ensuring that you have a choice of products so that you can find the ones that work best for your therapy.
Excellent service. Our staff pride themselves on their excellent customer service. We offer home delivery and in-home service so that you can get your devices and supplies when you need them most.
Better Sleep Tonight
If you have been diagnosed with sleep apnea, don’t wait. Contact My Oxygen Company today about which CPAP, VPAP, or BiPAP supplies are right for you. We can begin working with you today for better sleep tonight and better health tomorrow.